Sunday, November 20, 2005

German Music Recommendations for Toddlers

Question
I have a a 16 month old daughter. I'm trying to expose her to German in a fun, age-appropriate way. I already purchased 2 CDs from your site: Schnappi and and Zehn Kleine Krabbelfinger (or something like that). Can you give me your top 5 favorites for other CDs that would expose her to German and be fun?

Thanks,
K.

=========================================
Alphabet Answer
Hi K.,

Thanks for your message! Here are my top five for young kids:

Anything by Rolf Zuckowski, in particular "Im Kindergarten" and "Rolfs bunte Liederreise"

Erste Lieder fuer die ganz Kleinen
Traditional nursery songs with a modern instrumentation

Kleine Raupe Nimmersatt (Eric Carle's The Very Hungry Caterpillar)
Songs and story on a CD.

Tanzalarm
Targeted toward older kids but also fun for little ones. My toddler (21 months) loves this CD and demands it on a regular basis :)

Sesamstrasse
Either 3CD set or the single CD, Unsere Buchstaben. Lots of fun!

Let me know if you have any questions.

Viel Spass!
Sarah

No comments: